Mounting Webasto Thermo Pro 90 Heater
- The heater may only be installed outside the vehicle cab.
- Installation of the heater in vehicles for the transport of dangerous goods must be carried out taking into account the additional requirements of ADR in the current version. Follow the requirements of the vehicle manufacturer.
Heater cannot be installed:
- in the zone of direct heat exposure of the exhaust system
- below the level of the ford of the car
- above the expansion tank of the coolant.
Mounting location / mounting position
Parts of the structure and other components close to the heater must be protected from excessive heating and contamination with fuel and oil. There must be no fire hazard from the heater, incl. when it overheats. This requirement is considered fulfilled if, during installation, the required distances to all parts of the vehicle are maintained and adequate ventilation is provided or heat-resistant materials are used or heat shields are installed.
Installation should be carried out as low as possible in order to ensure self-removal of air from the heater and the coolant pump. This is of great importance due to the non-self-priming coolant pump.
The installation location of the heater must be chosen so that the risk of personal injury and damage to neighboring objects is minimized.
For ADR only:
Cars EX / II, EX / III, AT, FL, and OX:
Combustion fired heaters and their exhaust system must be designed, positioned, protected or covered so as to exclude any unacceptable risks of heating or ignition of the cargo. This requirement is considered fulfilled if the fuel tank and the exhaust system of the device comply with the following provisions.
- The fuel tank supplying the heater with fuel must comply with the following requirements:
a) In the event of a leak, fuel must be taken to the floor without touching the cargo and hot parts of the vehicle.
- The exhaust system and its pipes must be located and protected so that dangerous heat or fire cannot occur. Parts of the exhaust system located directly below the fuel tank (diesel fuel) must be at least 100 mm from the tank or protected by a heat shield.
Compliance with these requirements must be checked on a fully equipped vehicle.
Heating devices operating from burning fuel must be turned off by at least the following methods:
a) manual shutdown in the driver's cab;
b) when the car engine is turned off, in this case the driver can turn on the heater again manually;
c) when starting the built-in feed pump on a car for the transport of dangerous goods.
The heater webasto thermo top and webasto thermo pro are suitable for commercial vehicles, any vehicles with diesel engines. The main processes in the operation of the heater are controlled by the control unit: air blower, fuel from the vehicle tank (or an independent heater tank), burning it in the combustion chamber, turning on / off the interior heating. As a result of using the heater, the engine will be ready for operation immediately after starting.